M A xx W Cimetière de Bracieux L L

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Because I Win

Patrick and I have a bit of a competitive streak in our marriage. He likes to win. I like to win. But he really does not like to lose....especially to me. He beats me all the time at trivia games and I don't like it, but I can understand that he stores a lot of useless data in that head of his. Trivial Pursuit, no contest, he gets the full pie before I get two in. Scene It? He guesses "On Golden Pond" before any letters are filled in during the hangman portion. He even beat me at the Friends Scene It game that he got me for Valentine's last year.

There really are only a few things that I have found that I can beat him at consistently: air hockey, miniature golf, and Pente. Pente is a game Patrick used to play as a kid and I finally found the game and got it for him for Christmas. We've played a number of times, and he's won a lot of them, but I have to say, I can kick his ass at Pente.

The way to win is to either a) get 5 stones in a row: horizontally, vertically or diagonally or b) collect 5 pairs of your opponents stones.

I had the amber stones, Patrick had the green. Not only did I get 5 in a row, I got 6!! That's how good I am.



And if you can't tell in the picture above, here's a better view:



I've asked him a couple times since I won that game, if he wants to play again but he always seems to change the subject.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I didn't know better, I'd swear he's got some Hiler blood in him!