M A xx W Cimetière de Bracieux L L

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Lately

Things are going well here, it just seem pretty busy. Patrick's working crazy long hours and working on online school work, so he doesn't usually come home till after 9pm every day (and sometimes later.) So, on the weekend we don't do much other than sleep, eat, watch football, and as of late, shop for Christmas. While he's at his office I'm filling up my free time cleaning the apartment and trying to do this Couch to 5K training thing, but not really training for a specific run.

Kitties: Chloe's being much more cuddly as it gets colder and Calliope is just getting fatter - as confirmed by her latest vet visit...She's 13 freaking pounds!!! The Vet wants her at 11 and so I think she should started training with me. We could both stand to lose a couple.

We bought our first Christmas tree over the weekend and that's been a fun experience. I've never had a real tree before and the kitties have never been around one either. As Patrick brought it in our apartment, Calliope hissed at it. I'm not exactly sure what she thought it was, just that it was a foreign object occupying her space. Now, they both just like to eat the needles and drink the tree's water. I'm just glad that they haven't tried climbing it....yet.

Right now, we have white lights and about 7 ornaments on the tree, and a topper in waiting. So, it looks kind of sad unless you look at it really up close. Just waiting for the box to arrive with the rest of my ornaments, then I'll post pictures. It's nice to finally have a tree, it really makes it feel more like the Christmas season. In the past, Patrick and I would be gone for such a long time around Christmas, that it would have been just a hassle. But with a shorter trip this year, I had to have one.

1 comment:

RachaelK said...

Hagan's and my first Christmas away from home the year before last, we got a real christmas tree, and I have to say that I can never imagine not getting a real one again!! Doesn't it make you so happy walking in the house and smelling christmas?!

PS. I have finally started to update the "ThingsIwant" page. I think my name is searchable by R. Knudsen..user name Knooder.