M A xx W Cimetière de Bracieux L L

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Eight Days...

Eight days until we leave for Houston for Christmas. Tree is lit and ornaments are hung. Gifts are all purchased, and all there is left to do is wrap them.

Yesterday, I came home to find our answering machine blinking. I press the play button, but all I hear is static. So, I go to adjust the volume and try to get it at that perfect spot where the speaker doesn't crackle and I'm not blown away by the decibels. It keeps cutting in and out and all I can decipher is that an order has been declined because of something having to do with the credit card information, like an incorrect number or date or something. When I try to play it back, I accidentally erase it. I guess I wasn't supposed to hear a message relating to my Christmas gift. Luckily for Patrick, our answering machine is a piece of crap.

After trying to listen to the message, I went down to the gym to go run. And since I sometimes try to time my workouts around Scrubs reruns on Comedy Central, I was able to catch one of my favorite episodes: The Scrubs Musical.

No comments: