M A xx W Cimetière de Bracieux L L

Thursday, September 07, 2006

2 days, 8 hours till Kickoff


My Buckeye in-laws are coming to Austin this weekend to participate in the Ohio State trek to the city which bleeds Burnt Orange. Patrick's mom asked us if we wanted to join them on the Buckeye Party Boat Cruise on Friday night on Lake Austin. My answer? "As long as I can wear Orange!" So, tomorrow night, Patrick and I will be surrounded by Ohio State alumni, decked out in Orange and White.

Austin is expecting an estimated 35 to 40 THOUSAND Ohio State fans to come in town this weekend. Just about every hotel room is booked and buckeyes have already started the invasion. Only 4000 tickets were allotted to OSU, so I can only imagine what the sports bars are going to look like this weekend...But with so many people buying UT season tickets just to go to this one game and buying individual tickets for thousands of dollars on craigslist, ebay or stubhub, I'm sure the stadium is going to be speckled with scarlet. But if those Buckeyes want to get a tailgating spot, they better start early because Longhorns have already started camping out to stake out their spots.

So, Horns: Come Early, Be Loud, Stay Late, and Wear Orange!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hook em'!

Anonymous said...

Yes, what a weekend this will be!!
We can't wait to see you. Nothing
gets my blood going like rooting
for my team. I used to wake Laura and Patrick up from their naps when
an Ohio State game was on (rarely)
with my yelling and screaming. My
fondest hope is that Ohio State fans prove to Austin that most of all we love those who love football and their teams. With
that said, Hook 'em Horns and Go Bucks!!

Anonymous said...

Go Horns!!!!! :o)