M A xx W Cimetière de Bracieux L L

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The Nitty Gritty

Before we got married, Patrick and I spent some time on a couple of occasions with the minister who married us and discussed just about every topic under the sun: family, friends, children, sex, habits, worries, religion, money... And although I didn't get the chance to watch this episode (I wish I had), Oprah had a show titled Lance Armstrong's Ex-Wife: The Truth About Her Marriage. Part of that show concentrated on Questions to Ask Before You Get Married. We covered most of those topics, but what a great list that gets into those nitty gritty details that might be hard but ultimately have to discuss with the person you love and truly want to marry. And because your own ideas, thoughts and desires tend to change over time as you yourself grow and as you both grow in your relationship, I think these questions are great to continually re-address throughout your marriage. Just some thoughts from someone who has been married for almost a year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh the nitty gritty. Best wishes- I am still nitty the gritty.

Anonymous said...

Wow, info like this is priceless, thanks!!! :o)

Anonymous said...

Yo, that's a good idea. I like that entire episode of Oprah.