M A xx W Cimetière de Bracieux L L

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Gig' em Horns?

So, I guess this blogging thing is pretty addicting since I've posted three times today already. But I had to share this photo I came across on the internet today.

As much as I am all for Aggies supporting the Horns in the Rose Bowl, and I think the idea of a maroon shirt adorned with a burnt orange Bevo with the slogan "Gig 'em Horns" is pretty cool, I will always have a problem with the whole "saw 'em off" thing. I mean, isn't a&m an agricultural college who has a pretty darn good veterinarian department?? That will never make sense to me.

Anyway...

Good luck Horns in the Rose Bowl!! Only two hours to go!

Hook 'em!!

3 comments:

Hey Zeus said...

I'm married an Aggie and most of my friends are Aggie's. None of them are pulling for UT. In fact, I think they hate UT even more. I love Texas, it's a lot like LSU. I just think Mack Brown is over rated. He had a National Championship team but started Chrissy Sims over Major Applewhite. They should have hung him for that one. Good Luck from those of us from the SEC.

Ruth Ann & Patrick said...

Wow, hate is a pretty strong word to use among a friendly rivalry. I'm going to guess you weren't on either UT or A&M's campuses when the '99 bonfire fell. And I'm guessing you didn't attend the candlight vigil for the Agggies that was held instead of the traditional hex rally. Horns don't talk about hating A&M, we love that we have a great and long standing rivalry. UT and A&M would not be the same without the other.

And by the way, as my husband pointed out, changing the gender of someone's name is just not that funny anymore.

Mack Brown's overrated, huh? Funny, I thought we just won a national title.

Anonymous said...

I bet he thinks Vince Young is overrated as well!!