M A xx W Cimetière de Bracieux L L

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Impressed

I am constantly impressed at what some of my friends can accomplish.

After months of training, this past weekend Brandi biked, swam, and ran in the Austin Danskin Triatholon, which supports The Breast Cancer Research Foundation.

Last November, my sister-in-law Laura finished the New York City Marathon in under 6 hours! And I believe she also did the Avon 3 Day Walk to support breast cancer research.

This year, at the end of November, Courtney will be running the AIDS Marathon in Florence and is currently raising money to help the fight to end AIDS.

It isn't a marathon or a triatholon, but Patrick and I have always wanted to run/walk the Austin Race for the Cure 5K. He has done it before and both his parents have participated, but I think its about time for me to do this and for Patrick and I to run it together. With both his mother and my aunt being breast cancer survivors, along with so many others, we want to support the Susan G. Komen Foundation and thought this would be a great way. So hopefully, come November 5th, we'll be running down by the Texas Capital.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

woohoo! congrats! walk time! i'll be cheering you on! and thanks for the plug and support!

Anonymous said...

Yay, that's exciting and an awesome cause! Count me in too! :o)

Anonymous said...

Awww- thank you so much! I am excited for the Suasn G. Komen walk!

Anonymous said...

And we will be there with you,
walking--