M A xx W Cimetière de Bracieux L L

Monday, March 27, 2006

Dinner and a Movie

I don't think I have ever had to run the dishwasher three times in the span of 8 hours until this weekend. And that is on top of hand washing a number of things. We had some of the CGS/St. Ed's group and my coworker and her husband over for a Wedding Crashers movie/dinner night on Saturday. We used every single bowl, plate and piece of silverware we had. Patrick even washed some of the forks so that we wouldn't be left eating cake with our fingers. I remember at the end of the night, turning around and our kitchen looked like our cabinets threw up on it: stacks of dishes, glasses, pots and pans covering every inch of the counters and sink.

After Patrick showed off his bottle of Johnny Walker Blue and offered a glass to Chris, I think I saw little floating hearts above their heads. And wow, I can't remember the last time I stayed up until 4 o'clock in the morning. Do you realize that that is a full five hours after we usually get to bed? Brandi, Chris, Patrick and I stayed up until the wee hours of the night (morning?) talking, swapping stories, and watching videos of fainting goats.

I love entertaining friends at our home. Drinks, food, movies, conversation with friends....it makes our home feel so warm.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for a wonderful time! We should have brought over some Chinet or Dishwasher detergent instead of cornbread! You and Patrick are such an awesome host/ hostess!!!!!! Oh- and Chris cannot get over the fainting goats. Tell Patrick that if Chris buys one when we get to Orgeon he can come over and open an umbrella ;o)

Ruth Ann & Patrick said...

Awww, thanks! We had a blast too. I don't think opening an umbrella at those goats could ever get old!

Anonymous said...

I am jealous! That does sound fun-I wish our houses were closer together! ~Lauren H