M A xx W Cimetière de Bracieux L L

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The Order - no spoilers here

We decided to take a spur of the moment trek downtown to see the almost sold-out matinee. I never thought we could make it down to South Lamar from Northwest Austin in rush hour traffic within 30 minutes! We bought two of the last seven tickets and then snuck in to a packed theater and had the usher bring a folding chair so that Patrick could actually sit during the film.

Granted, it has been a few years since I've read Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, but when Patrick and I walked out of the movie theater last night, I felt pretty happy with the adaptation to the screen. Unlike Prisoner of Azkaban where Harry received the broom from Sirius at the end of the movie instead of in the beginning like in the book, the screenwriter for Order of the Phoenix did a great job following the plot of the book. And I was amazed at how some of the scenes in the movie were exactly how I imagined them while reading the book.

I can't wait till this weekend when I'll finally be able to finish this series of books!

No comments: