M A xx W Cimetière de Bracieux L L

Friday, May 11, 2007

Mama's Day

We're headed up to Arlington to celebrate Mother's Day this weekend. For the past few years, the Hiler family (my Mom's side) has had the tradition of celebrating while stuffing ourselves with trifle during the brunch at Central Market. I think that's the main reason my grandmother goes at least: the trifle. And if, God forbid, it rains around 11AM on Sunday, somehow we need to smuggle some trifle out of Central Market to give to her, because she anticipates it 364 days out of the year.

This year is a little bit different in that not only are Patrick's parents coming up to hang out, but so are his sister, our brother-in-law and our 6 week old niece! We finally get to meet Sophie! And now, I should probably warn her parents that my family, each and every one of them, are serious baby people. All of them love babies. Even the stinky, smelly, funny-looking babies (which Sophie is not at all.) So, at brunch, when 15 or more of my family members oooh and aaah over your little one and want to squeeze her little toes, don't be scared. I don't think they have any control over it.

No comments: