M A xx W Cimetière de Bracieux L L

Friday, May 12, 2006

mmmmm Cookies!!

What is better than homemade, straight-from-the-oven cookies and a big glass of milk? Cookies that come to your office, still warm, in a white box with a blue bow and accompanied by individual milk cartons, that's what!!

Photo courtesy of Brandi's cell phone

I had a feeling something was up last night when Patrick went into the bedroom and shut the door to talk to our friend Chris, Brandi's husband. But he said he just wanted to talk to him about playing golf sometime soon. And then this morning, Brandi said that Chris wouldn't tell her what the call was about. Hmmmm... Why all the secretness, huh?

But this, this I never expected!! I thought they were just conspiring on how to let them play a whole day of golf together. Little sneakers.

"To Ruth Ann and Brandi and Tracy, and anyone else that you deem worthy..." Yeah, there are a few other "worthy" people, but we hoarded the rest (and decided to save a few for the givers of the cookies.)

They came at around 2:30, and the rest of the afternoon's productivity went right down the drain. And now that I've come off my sugar high, I just want to curl up for a nap. Between giggling about cookies from sweet husbands and awe-ing at pictures of our coworker's one year old twins, I can't stop smiling. :o)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

YAY for sweet boys, that was the best! Patrick rocks!!! :o)

Anonymous said...

It's been sooo long since I have looked in on your page. It was fun catching up. I like the way Patrick gets sneaky. I tell everybody what a good pick you made ~:)