M A xx W Cimetière de Bracieux L L

Thursday, May 18, 2006

The Lineup


The Austin City Limits Festival lineup has finally been announced! Patrick and I played all the scavenger hunt games on their website trying to figure out who we bought tickets to see and figured out 99% of the hints, but that was only a taste of all that are going to be performing. (Yes, we bought tickets, along with thousands of others, before ACL even released their lineup, crazy, I know.) We went 2 years ago and had an amazing time. We would've gone last year and even prevented some of our good friends from attending all because of the whole getting married thing. But, you know, I think it was worth the sacrifice. ;o)

I love how diverse the acts are and how much they really reflect Austin as the live music capital. There are definitely some big names, but I love so many of the 2nd and 3rd tier acts! And there are so many that I have never even heard of. I'm trying to listen to a lot of the unknown to me ones on Rhapsody, but there are just sooooo many! Everyone, please look at the list and tell me a couple of performers that we absolutely have to see. I don't think I can tackle this task on my own!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is going to be such a fun weekend! Mmmmmm. Kettle corn.

Anonymous said...

As soon as I saw the line up I caved and bought tickets! I HAVE to see Ween & Flaming Lips.

Anonymous said...

I know my taste doesn't always line up with yours, but you might check out the BoDeans, Sara Hickman, Ben Harper, Aimee Mann, and the Subdudes. I'm green with envy. Sounds like a great time.