M A xx W Cimetière de Bracieux L L

Friday, April 17, 2009

It's Friday and rainy and all I want to do is be home curled up on my couch watching a movie with Patrick. I haven't seen him much this week, or the past few months for that matter. He's been working like crazy. And every time they are able to bring on someone full time to help out, another person leaves. He's in San Antonio one day, Temple the next, and is rarely ever home before I'm getting ready for bed, much less in time for dinner.

Over the past two weeks, I saw glimpses of how things could be if he worked a regular 8-5 job. Actually getting to see him in the light of day instead of kissing him hello or goodbye while half asleep. But then, the next day it goes right back. I'm praying that things will change soon, because I don't know how much more I can take of seeing him only on the weekends.

This week has dragged on long enough and I'm ready to relax with some friends at happy hour with a margarita or two.

1 comment:

Jill said...

oh honey, i'm so sorry. i know how you feel. for awhile jake was working 4-9 at sunglass hut while i was working 8-5 at the engr firm. you don't realize how much you miss someone on the weeknights until they're taken away from you. i remember thinking "ohh, i can get things done around the apt tonight that jake hates. like vacuum!" but the optimism only lasts so long.

if you ever want to grab a drink or go shopping after work, i'm your girl. i have no life!! i'm usually off around 4 or 5. :)