M A xx W Cimetière de Bracieux L L

Monday, March 10, 2008

Zebras!

Over the course of two weekends, and driving all over the Hill Country tasting wine, Patrick and I got to see a lot of different wildlife, beautiful plants but most notably, animals you don’t normally see in urban Austin. I see a number of deer driving around the hills of west Austin, but it seems that parts of the Hill Country can pass for Africa. Yes, there are cows, calfs, and Beefmasters but we also saw havalinas, llamas, ostriches, sheep, antelope, and at one point, even zebras. As we were driving around a bend, I looked to my left, across Patrick driving, and noticed some rather large elk-like animals and the only thing I could come up within the two seconds before they went out of sight was, “Stuff over there!” Between the long day of driving and all the wine, I guess my mind was pretty useless at that point.

No comments: